Comparison of angles and strokes

Ben Bullock

Mar 26, 2022, 8:32:29 PM3/26/22
to KanjiVG
I wrote a new KanjiVG parser and my first project with it was to check the angles of the lines versus the stroke types given by the kvg:type field. I found a number of discrepancies which are summarised here:

I wonder if anyone would like to check this before merging it into "master".

Some of these are swapped strokes. I'm not sure why the strokes are swapped but in some cases it appears that there is a "Kaisho" file and a non-Kaisho file and the stroke labels are swapped but the strokes are not swapped.

The "foot" component of characters such as

is given as a dash, as if it was 足, but is actually a downward line. Similarly a lot of "moon" components have the left line recorded as a dash but in fact it is a downward line.

It would probably improve things if these commits were just merged into the master branch, but since there is a chance that some of these may actually introduce errors, it might be better to ask for any input before doing so.

Alexandre Courbot

Mar 27, 2022, 7:15:03 AM3/27/22
to KanjiVG
Wow, lots of fixes, that's great. Can you give me a few days to try
and quickly review them before merging?

Ben Bullock

Mar 27, 2022, 10:14:52 AM3/27/22
to KanjiVG
On Sun, 27 Mar 2022 at 20:15, Alexandre Courbot <gnu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wow, lots of fixes, that's great. Can you give me a few days to try
and quickly review them before merging?

 I'm glad if someone can check them.