Woven textiles

armadillo

Oct 26, 2010, 2:00:20 PM10/26/10
to Kangaroo Physics
Hello,

I am interested in the exploration of craft structuring principles
such as knots, knitting and weaving and their potential use in the
building environment.
http://constructedtextiles.blogspot.com/
Currently I am working on a project focusing on woven textiles. I
created analogical physical prototypes with different patterns and
then tested them under shear and tension to examine their deformation.
Now I want to use the results of the tests in order to create
different woven surfaces in grasshopper and by using kangaroo
investigate how they react under tension and shear. I have already
designed the model in grasshopper but as I am new in kangaroo I find
difficulties to use it in the right way. I sent you a link with 2
files (1 with the grasshopper definition of a woven pattern and
another one where I tried to connect my definition with another one
while experimenting with kangaroo - it's used for a membrane
structure). Still it doesn't work and it's not the appropriate
direction. Is it possible to give me an advice of how to proceed?