Writing spanID and traceID in logs

tapaswe...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2018, 4:14:38 AM11/21/18
to kamon-user
Hello,

I'm working on getting spanID and traceID following the instructions given in kamon-logback (https://github.com/kamon-io/kamon-logback) for few different services. I don't see any errors on service level logs even with debug mode, but kamon-logback is not writing the span and trace ids in the log file.
I am able to get other ids other than trace id and span id.

I'm creating span like Span span = Kamon.buildSpan("<value>").withTag("string-tag", "<value>").start();

I can see spans in ZipKin instance.

Another question how can I get named spans, the output I get reads as untagged, I observed in the documentation that we can name the spans I tried with <.withTag>, <string-tag>, this doesn't name the span on the instance.

I have a Lagom service, there are no errors while starting the service but I'm not able to service in the ZipKin instance. I found this project https://github.com/ricsirigu/lagom-with-kamon, seems like Kamon cannot be added to a Lagom project?

Thanks,
Tapasweni