Kamon in Akka Cluster

s...@saleshero.ai

Aug 8, 2018, 12:28:00 PM8/8/18
to kamon-user
Hi ,
Sorry - newbie question. I want to use Kamon in an actor within an Akka Cluster and report the metrics into my own UI. Is there a way to send the metrics to a "remote" reporter? I can also have a reporter locally and build send a message from my actor to my UI (also an Actor) if needed but I think Kamon is running an own actor system and I'm curious if I can just duck tape that together with my cluster Akka system.

Thanks.
Stefan

Ivan Topolnjak

Aug 22, 2018, 3:17:28 AM8/22/18
to kamon-user
Hey Stefan!

The reporters are a local-thing only, you could receive the data on the reporters and then forward it to your UI actor. Kamon used to have it's own actor system in 0.6.x but starting form 1.0 there is no internal actor system at all, in fact, Kamon doesn't use Akka internally anymore. Hope this helps!

Also, we are rarely using this list anymore, please drop us a line at https://gitter.im/kamon-io/Kamon if you need any help. Thanks!