new

1 view

Gunapala Ranaweerage

Feb 2, 2012, 1:54:30 AM2/2/12
to KalyanaMitrayo
Spiritual teacher and author Eckhart Tolle was born in Germany and
educated at the Universities of London and Cambridge. At the age of
twenty-nine a profound inner transformation radically changed the
course of his life. The next few years were devoted to understanding,
integrating, and deepening that transformation, which marked the
beginning of an intense inward journey. Later, he began to work in
London with individuals and small groups as a counselor and spiritual
teacher. Since 1995 he has lived in Vancouver, Canada.

Eckhart Tolle is the author of the New York Times bestsellers The
Power of Now (translated into 33 languages) and A New Earth, which are
widely regarded as two of the most influential spiritual books of our
time. In 2008, A New Earth became the first spiritual book to be
selected for Oprah's Book Club as well as the subject of a ten-week
online workshop co-taught by Eckhart and Oprah.

Eckhart's profound yet simple teachings have helped countless people
throughout the world find inner peace and greater fulfillment in their
lives. At the core of the teachings lies the transformation of
consciousness, a spiritual awakening that he sees as the next step in
human evolution. An essential aspect of this awakening consists in
transcending our ego-based state of consciousness. This is a
prerequisite not only for personal happiness but also for the ending
of violent conflict endemic on our planet.

When Eckhart Tolle agreed to be interviewed on September 11, 2001, he
could not foresee the historic nature of this date or the suffering
that would follow. As the day's events unfolded, in real time, he
responded with a calm and clear voice, helping to make sense out of
the fear and chaos that will forever define this date. Even the Sun
Will Die documents this historic meeting with Eckhart Tolle and the
comforting wisdom he revealed that day. We live in a time, he says,
when we define ourselves through our enemies; and science and
technology are in the service of human madness. Yet even in the face
of disaster, a miracle happens when we say yes to living in this
moment and no other. This great opening, he teaches, can serve as
nothing less than the beginning of a revolution in human consciousness
with the potential to transform our world and everyone in it. Also for
the first time on audio, Eckhart Tolle comments on his own awakening,
and what he sees as the next step in human evolution. From insights
into the way out of suffering, to evidence that a new consciousness is
already rising, Even the Sun Will Die confirms Eckhart Tolle's place
among the most important and accessible spiritual teachers of our
time.