Problem Installing Kallisto on PC through CMD -- Different Package Installing

Benjamin Euhus

Apr 21, 2022, 3:07:09 PM4/21/22
to kallisto and applications
I am attempting to install Kallisto package into my virtual env using 'conda install kallisto' line but receive this:

(rnaseq) C:\Users\beuhus\Desktop\kallisto>conda install kallisto
Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.

PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are not available from current channels:

  - kallisto

Current channels:

  - https://conda.anaconda.org/bioconda/win-64
  - https://conda.anaconda.org/bioconda/noarch
  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/main/win-64
  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/main/noarch
  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/r/win-64
  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/r/noarch
  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/msys2/win-64
  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/msys2/noarch
  - https://conda.anaconda.org/conda-forge/win-64
  - https://conda.anaconda.org/conda-forge/noarch

To search for alternate channels that may provide the conda package you're
looking for, navigate to

    https://anaconda.org

and use the search bar at the top of the page.

Additionally, I have attempted to install it using 'pip install kallisto' but when doing so I receive a package entirely unrelated to bioinformatics -- the one that installs is a package dealing with atomic orbitals.

Currently I am attempting to install it directly through the github repository available but am having some troubles with the steps.

If anyone has any suggestions, or helpful links on installing packages into an env using github repositories, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!