kallisto -s 0 error

한지헌

Mar 9, 2023, 6:47:20 AM3/9/23
to kallisto and applications
Hello, I am a student who is trying to do deg through kallisto. The fastq data I use is single end, all sequences are 100bp, and sd is 0. I used kallisto quant -i index -o output --single -l 100 -s 0 fastq and an error occurs. Is there a way to solve this problem? Thank you.

Pall Melsted

Mar 10, 2023, 4:40:12 AM3/10/23
to kallisto and applications
-l and -s refer to the library size, i.e. the fragments sequenced, not the read size. If you have measurements from a bioanalyzer machine indicating a distribution of the fragment size you can use those numbers. Otherwise I would recommend sensible defaults e.g. -l 200 and -s 50, depending on how the size selection was done