Segments file gets cleared everytime I run my code

Priyanshu Soni

Jun 25, 2024, 12:26:30 AM (11 days ago) Jun 25
to kaldi-help

I am using the WeSpeaker pipeline and Kaldi toolkit for a speaker diarization task, employing ResNet as the feature extractor. During the filtering of my segments file using the script utils/fix_data_dir.sh, I ran into an issue where the script filters my segments file to zero lines due to the temporary file /tmp/kaldi.XXXX/recordings having no entries

The following is the link to the script : https://github.com/kaldi-asr/kaldi/blob/master/egs/wsj/s5/utils/fix_data_dir.sh .

This is a part of the error output:
utils/fix_data_dir.sh: filtered /data1/XYZ/ABC/speaker_diarization/SHARC_check/tools_wespk/data/ABC_dev_fbank_seg/old_dir/segments from 8310 to 0 lines based on filter /tmp/kaldi.3oKA/recordings.

I found that the file /tmp/kaldi.XXXX/recordings generated by the script is empty which causes the script to filter out all lines from the segments file.

  1. What might be causing the /tmp/kaldi.XXXX/recordings file to be empty?

  2. Are there any known issues or additional steps required to ensure the recordings file is correctly populated?

If required I can provide the formats of the necessary files to check for any formatting errors between segments and wav.scp which is being used to generate the /tmp/kaldi.XXXX/recordings file

Thanks

Daniel Povey

Jun 26, 2024, 10:49:40 AM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to kaldi...@googlegroups.com
Have a look at the wav.scp, the recording-ids should be the 1st field of wav.scp, perhaps it is accidentally an empty file or the
recording-ids do not match those that appear in the "segments" file for some reason.

--
Go to http://kaldi-asr.org/forums.html to find out how to join the kaldi-help group
---