Likelihood of different pronunciations

183 views
Skip to first unread message

Vladislav Shakhray

unread,
May 28, 2022, 6:36:00 PM5/28/22
to kaldi-help

Hi,

I have a lexicon where some words have multiple pronunciations. When I ran force alignment, Kaldi (gmm-align-compiled) will choose the best pronunciation given the utterance. How can I find the likelihood for each of the pronunciation variants? 

Many thanks, 

Vlad


Jan Yenda Trmal

unread,
May 30, 2022, 10:58:40 AM5/30/22
to kaldi-help
I guess you could look at two scripts we have:

steps/get_prons.sh
utils/dict_dir_add_pronprobs.sh

(grep egs to see how they are used)

The output lexiconp.txt should contain the probabilities
I'm not aware of how to do this on per utterance easily
y.

--
Go to http://kaldi-asr.org/forums.html to find out how to join the kaldi-help group
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "kaldi-help" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kaldi-help+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kaldi-help/4d9a2752-9862-4440-a2f5-f01ee93de174n%40googlegroups.com.

Vladislav Shakhray

unread,
May 30, 2022, 12:19:55 PM5/30/22
to kaldi-help

Thanks for your answer Yenda!

Yes, I saw that I could get probabilities for each pronunciation in general using steps/get_prons.sh.

I would like to find the probability of each pronunciation for the given utterance. 

gmm-align-compiled.cc script somehow picks the right pronunciation (in most cases) and as I understood it considers different pronunciations per word and picks the one which gives higher log-likelihood. So it seems that information I need should be somewhere but I can’t figure out how to access it. 

Jan Yenda Trmal

unread,
May 30, 2022, 12:53:37 PM5/30/22
to kaldi-help
I don't actually know if there is something useful for that.
I wonder if the gop scripts might be useful or do something along those lines?
y.

Daniel Povey

unread,
May 31, 2022, 6:33:41 AM5/31/22
to kaldi-help
align_lats.sh produces lattices with alternative prons in them; lattice-to-arc-post or scripts that use that, should be able to give you prons, but a lattice-align-words pass may be needed first.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages