UBM Init Error while training with SGMM2

369 views
Skip to first unread message

Qasim Ali

unread,
Jun 17, 2021, 4:09:57 AM6/17/21
to kaldi-help
Hi

I'm trying to train with SGMM2 as Mono, Tri1, Tri2, and Tri3 trains perfectly fine, but during the SGMM2 training, I'm getting this error:

============================================================================
                        SGMM2 Training & Decoding                         
============================================================================
steps/align_fmllr.sh --nj 1 --cmd utils/run.pl data/train data/lang exp/tri3 exp/tri3_ali
steps/align_fmllr.sh: feature type is lda
steps/align_fmllr.sh: compiling training graphs
steps/align_fmllr.sh: aligning data in data/train using exp/tri3/final.alimdl and speaker-independent features.
steps/align_fmllr.sh: computing fMLLR transforms
steps/align_fmllr.sh: doing final alignment.
steps/align_fmllr.sh: done aligning data.
steps/diagnostic/analyze_alignments.sh --cmd utils/run.pl data/lang exp/tri3_ali
steps/diagnostic/analyze_alignments.sh: see stats in exp/tri3_ali/log/analyze_alignments.log
12 warnings in exp/tri3_ali/log/fmllr.*.log
37 warnings in exp/tri3_ali/log/align_pass2.*.log
57 warnings in exp/tri3_ali/log/align_pass1.*.log
steps/train_ubm.sh --cmd utils/run.pl 400 data/train data/lang exp/tri3_ali exp/ubm4
steps/train_ubm.sh: feature type is lda
steps/train_ubm.sh: using transforms from exp/tri3_ali
steps/train_ubm.sh: clustering model exp/tri3_ali/final.mdl to get initial UBM
run.pl: job failed, log is in exp/ubm4/log/cluster.log


exp/ubm4/log/cluster.log

bash: line 1: init-ubm: command not found

Looks like init-ubm is not present in kaldi/src/sgmm2bin/

Please let me know if anyone can help.

Best Regards
Qasim

Umer Jamil

unread,
Jun 25, 2021, 8:38:16 AM6/25/21
to kaldi-help
Hello Qasim,

First check if init-ubm.cc is present in the kaldi/src/sgmm2bin folder.

Next, go to your train_ubm file and before init-ubm command, mention the full path (such as KALDI_DIRECTORY/kaldi/src/sgmm2bin/init-ubm

Thanks,
Umer

Kyi Thar

unread,
Sep 15, 2021, 2:09:14 PM9/15/21
to kaldi-help
Hi Umer, 

I face the same problem. In my case, init-ubm.cc isn't missing and I mention the full path. But, not working.

Sincerely, 
Kyi Thar

Carey Nyein

unread,
Sep 29, 2021, 11:18:00 PM9/29/21
to kaldi-help
Hello, 
I also encounter the same problem. 
Just go to kaldi/src/sgmm2bin and run make command.
This solve my problem.

Thanks,
Carey

Yuanqing Song

unread,
Aug 29, 2022, 5:44:58 AM8/29/22
to kaldi-help
Hello,
I also face the same problem. I have the init-ubm.cc file and mention the full path but not working. I got the error message below after I went to kaldi/src/sgmm2bin  and run make :

c++: error: ../sgmm2/libkaldi-sgmm2.so: No such file or directory
<builtin>: recipe for target 'sgmm2-init' failed
make: *** [sgmm2-init] Error 1

It seems that there is no such "libkaldi-sgmm2.so" file in the kaldi folder and it cannot run make command properly. I'm wondering if the error is related to the command make?

Thanks,
Yuanqing

Agrover112

unread,
Aug 29, 2022, 11:50:52 AM8/29/22
to kaldi-help

@ Dan shouldn't this be made while initially executing the Makefile?

Muhammad Sajid Hameed Khan

unread,
Aug 29, 2022, 12:03:19 PM8/29/22
to kaldi...@googlegroups.com
First run the make file present in sgmm2 and and then try to run make file in sgmm2bin. Thank you

--
Go to http://kaldi-asr.org/forums.html to find out how to join the kaldi-help group
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "kaldi-help" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kaldi-help+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kaldi-help/17543db7-71a7-4273-83dc-f6e38a9714e9n%40googlegroups.com.

Yuanqing Song

unread,
Sep 6, 2022, 2:51:39 AM9/6/22
to kaldi...@googlegroups.com
That solved my problem. Thank you for your response!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "kaldi-help" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/kaldi-help/NyK5yT4SjY4/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to kaldi-help+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kaldi-help/CAFNF%3DN5Zx4rB-oD%2BOm_BBPzNyzPa7FbXtL9F94VUmYQwoXwoYw%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages