How to replace features in an .ark file?

Anantha Krishnan

Mar 14, 2024, 12:16:03 AMMar 14
to kaldi-help
I wish to use a different feature set, STE (Short Term Energy). After an .ark file with these features, I could use traditional Kaldi way of training GMM-HMM. (STE is used for EEG, not for speech here)

I wish to first decode the raw_mfcc_train.1.ark, replace the frame level features, and finally encode the same way. I understand that ark file is archive holding all key-value pairs. keys being utterance IDs and values being features per frame.

1. What encoding is used?

2. How do I decode it using python's simple with open() function maybe in 'rb' mode?

Guodong Ma

Mar 17, 2024, 10:00:42 PMMar 17
to kaldi...@googlegroups.com
If I understand correctly. Many tools can do these. For example: https://pypi.org/project/kaldiio/