Readercon & Publications

Kate

Jul 10, 2011, 6:30:10 PM7/10/11
to Newsletter for Writer K. A. Laity
Hello Cultists!

Just a head's up for those of you in the Boston area: I will be at
Readercon and hope to see you there. I will be reading from my
forthcoming novel Owl Stretching at the Broad Universe Rapid Fire
Reading Friday night at 9pm. For the full list of events, drop by
their site, http://www.readercon.org/.

I think everyone knows about my heading to Galway in September for the
Fulbright, so I won't go on about that, but if there's something of
mine you've wanted for yourself now may be the time to ask for it. I
am doing a BIG clear-out of as much as possible as I can't take
everything with me and I don't want to put much into storage.

I've had a few new publications lately, among them:

"Moths." Poetry. Zouch Magazine: forthcoming.

"Dracula X." Humour. Defenestration Magazine (13 Jul 2011).

"Soap Opera Digest." Humour. Dragnet Magazine 2 (Jul 2011): 40-42.

"The Wyandotte Haunting." Short Story. There Was a Crooked House...
Ed. Jessy Marie Roberts. Pill Hill Press (June 2011): 165-167.

"Lullaby." Poetry. Chronogram Magazine (Jun 2011).

"Finnish Charms: Appropriating Folk Magic from the Kalevala and
Kanteletar." Mythic Imagination Magazine (May 2011).

"When Joanna Russ Changed Us." Ms. Magazine Blog. 15 May 2011.

Thanks again for being at least idly curious about what I'm up to; if
you don't wish to receive these emails anymore, just unsubscribe from
the Google Group (I won't cry too much).

Kate