Installation & Configuration

Philip Ashlock

Mar 11, 2011, 9:38:05 PM3/11/11
to kajoo
I don't have a lot of experience with RoR apps, but I think the config
directory is missing on github. If that's the case, it'd be great to
check that in along with some example config files.

Here's what I get:

$ rake db:create
(in /Users/phil/sites/kajoo.dev)
rake aborted!
no such file to load -- /Users/phil/sites/kajoo.dev/config/application

Daniel Walmsley

Mar 11, 2011, 9:56:11 PM3/11/11
to ka...@googlegroups.com, Philip Ashlock, Matthew Jording
Hey Phil!

We committed a database.yml.sample - just copy that as config/database.yml and you should be golden.

Thank you so much for jumping in. Any cleanups, notes for the README, suggestions, refinements, tests etc more than welcome.

We have a pivotal tracker at https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/248969 - we just added you so you can see the backlog.

Let me know if you have any suggestions whatsoever. Sorry for the rough edges (it's basically non-functioning right now). Jump in on your own branch and then issue pull requests for any enhancements you want to incorporate.

cc-ing our OSS community manager Matt Jording, who I believe you know.

Cheers,
Dan

Max Ogden

Mar 12, 2011, 1:29:31 PM3/12/11
to ka...@googlegroups.com, Philip Ashlock, Matthew Jording
Hiya -- could I get added to tracker as well? I want to make sure i'm not going to step on anyones toes while I hack on this.

Also: Hi Philip! small world

Daniel Walmsley

Mar 12, 2011, 1:58:29 PM3/12/11
to ka...@googlegroups.com, Max Ogden, Philip Ashlock, Matthew Jording
Heya,

Working on it. We hit a snag. We're bootstrapping and our pivotal account has hit the user limit but we want to know if anyone has an account with a bunch of spare users or money to grab upgraded account.

We're on a "Pro S" account right now. We'll boost it to the next level to grant you access, but I just wanted to make the shout-out for help here :-)

Thanks,
Dan

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Daniel Walmsley <d...@kajoo.org> wrote:
Hi Philip,

We will do that the second Matt upgrades out pivotal account, which should be in about 5 minutes.

Thanks for jumping on board! :-)

Dan

Daniel Walmsley

Mar 12, 2011, 2:01:09 PM3/12/11
to ka...@googlegroups.com, Max Ogden, Philip Ashlock, Matthew Jording
We're just making the project public for now so you can at least see it. We'll upgrade the account later.

Ping us if you want us to update the status of a story.

Thanks!

Dan

Daniel Walmsley