Update TTL for Existing Data

Naveen kumar

Feb 16, 2022, 8:14:47 AM2/16/22
to KairosDB
Hey,
I am using the kairosdb for an IoT application.
The collected data has a TTL of one year.
I want to update the TTL of the existing huge data.
how can it be done.!!

Naveen kumar

Feb 16, 2022, 8:18:52 AM2/16/22
to KairosDB
One of the ways would be, by exporting import it with updated TTL.
Is there any simpler way.?

Brian Hawkins

Feb 16, 2022, 12:26:44 PM2/16/22
to KairosDB
Updating data in Cassandra is a challenge because of the way Cassandra works.
I see two options besides what you suggested.
1. Depending on the compaction strategy you can remove older ss tables from cassandra.
2. With the latest Kairos version you can setup a new cluster for data going forward and then after a time you can just remove the old cluster with old data.

Brian

Francesco

Apr 29, 2022, 3:59:12 PM4/29/22
to KairosDB
Another option

https://www.instaclustr.com/blog/ttlremover-tool-for-removing-cassandra-ttls-for-recovery-and-testing-purposes/

After the TTL removal step, you can set a new TTL.

Francesco