KHP.gen.outline_REV3.doc

David Kilburn

Oct 5, 2008, 10:56:06 AM10/5/08
to kahoidong
Dear All

I think the questions Lois has raised are all ones the final document
needs to answer with great clarity and precision.

We also need to have a clear statement that outlines our own goals
rather than leaving people to piece it together from kahoidong.com.
We would do this in positive terms, talking about cultural
preservation rather than all the adversarial issues. I will draft
this over the coming week.

Following on from this, we would also make it clear that we are
looking for residents whose projects in some way relate to the issues
involved with the protection and preservation of cultural heritage -
not necessarily just architectural heritage.

Many of the people who could be interested in becoming residents may
be people with little or no prior experience of living or working in
Korea. Many may have limited Korean language skills. The experience we
offer could be of enormous interest and value to such people. However,
we must ensure that our documentation gives them a complete picture of
what is on offer. Among other topics, this would include the exact
nature and furnishing of the accomodation, what support may be
available, what their responsibilities will be, and what it would cost
them in terms of utulity and other costs.

We should also consider what support must be provided at least at a
minimal level, taking into consideration that I am more or less a
permanent exile from Korea now, and Jade will only be there some of
the time. We would the n need to figur eout how to deliver this
support in a reliable and consistent way.

David