Darcy Burgess

Feb 25, 2009, 12:14:27 PM2/25/09
to Kagematsu rpg
Hey Danielle,

You don't have a FAQ, so I'm starting one (surprise!) All questions
reference the page number in the Ashcan.

Thanks!
Darcy

1. Could you please clarify how turn order (between the Women's
players) works? The text on page 12 is very ambiguous to me. (I'm
also suspicious that it doesn't reflect the way we played at GenCon
'08.)

2. Regarding The Looming Threat (p.17-18.) What happens if both a
Woman and Kagematsu roll the requisite number of sixes on their first
roll? Who handles the Threat narration?

Danielle Lewon

Feb 25, 2009, 5:18:20 PM2/25/09
to Kagematsu rpg
Hi Darcy, thanks for the question!

Reading the section on turn order is unclear. What I need to do is re-
write it completely. For now, let me say that a player with low hope
gets the next scene. The key phrases in the next sentence is 'at the
end of a round' and 'last successful roll'. If we both had 4 hope, but
I had failed at my last roll and you had succeeded, it would go to you
first and then me. I like to rationalize it from the point of the
story by saying that you would be happy with the victory and confident
in gaining affections while I would doubt myself and wait until others
had their chance before I tried again. I think we did play that way,
there were just a few times that the person with the lowest hope had
just completed a roll and could go again. I'm ok with playing like
that seems to work just fine since it shouldn't happen often.

From the discussion of the Forge about the game with Ron and Anna, it
was suggested that 2 women should have the option to be in the same
scene trying to gain affection, great idea and I have to think about
how it can be employed.

Good point on the Looming Threat. It may happen, and since the women
characters don't frame scene, I think I would give the Looming Shadow
to them. Story wise, since the threat has been affecting the town, the
women also have a history with it.

Thanks again,
Danielle

Darcy Burgess

Feb 25, 2009, 9:04:02 PM2/25/09
to Kagematsu rpg
Ok!

Good call on the Threat narration (I think). I like how it's a
counterbalance to the fact that Kagematsu's player narrates & creates
just about everything else to do with the threat.

Just to be crystal clear on the "next scene" rule: as it stands, you
get the next scene if you have the lowest hope; it does not matter
whether or not you just had a scene. Yeah?