Cross build Kaffe JVM

Miguel Ángel Bernabé Cruz

Mar 16, 2017, 12:27:03 PM3/16/17
to Kaffe VM
Hi,

I am very interested in a JVM for MIPS architecture, to use in embedded devices. I am a software engineer working for a company who provides Customer Premises Equipment (routers ADSL/VDSL/FTTH, STBs) to Internet Providers. The software used for the embedded devices are based in SDKs provided by Broadcom and Realtek for their reference PCBs. SoCs used are Realtek 8676 family and Broadcom BCM family using MIPS architecture.

My concern is I would like to build the JRE in my host laptop (x86) and then install in target filesystem. Target indeed have not Autotools or GCC to build from source. Igive a first try with ./configure --host=mips but It does not work. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advanced and best regards.