Turku SW Craftsmanship Community & coderetreat

Aki Salmi

Sep 6, 2012, 11:39:06 PM9/6/12
to kabine...@googlegroups.com
Moi kaikille!

Tässä tällekin listalle tiedoksi - tarkoitus on siis aloitella kuukausittainen tapaaminen koodaamisen merkeissä. Ensimmäinen jo ensi viikolla. Jos jaksatte lukea loppuun, niin propsit multa.

terkuin,
Aki

****
Hi all,

A lot is happening in Turku nowadays: coderetreats, SW craftsmanship communities, first steps towards TAD'013. For more information, please read forward!

Join our new SW Craftsmanship community here (http://www.meetup.com/Turku-Software-Craftsmanship-Community/). It is a community for us (wanna-be) programmers who want to continue life-long learning journey and investing some of our own time in it.

We will have first meetup next Wednesday, Sep 12th on Rantakerttu. There we'll discuss what we want from the community we are building. I know for sure that I want to learn new languages (Clojure, Scala, Haskell, etc.), practice TDD (baby steps, TDD As If You Meant It), practice refactoring (Brutal Refactoring Game), practice refactoring legacy code, and such.
And hopefully, hopefully we also discuss about those so called soft skills we craftsmen need in our daily work.

As part of the community, we are organizing the first ever coderetreat in Turku (as far as I know, at least). A coderetreat is a full-day event where we are pair-programming and practicing a TDD, object-oriented design and programming skills as such.

It's a day full of learning, fun and frustration. The facilitators, Adrian Bolboaca and Erik Talboom are well-known for taking participants out of their comfort zone and thus enabling a huge learning opportunity.

The event is free of charge, thanks to our sponsor, Vaadin
Registration is open - and here's a link for it: https://www.lyyti.fi/ilmoittaudu/coderetreat_6078

I hope to see you as part of the SW craftsmanship community. As a fellow programmer with whom I can share my learning journey. And maybe, maybe have a beer once a while.

for any questions, please contact me.

Thanks,
Aki Salmi
aki....@iki.fi