IOT REAL-TIME DATA PROCESSING IN STORM USING KAA

Ben Aissia Yasser

Aug 18, 2016, 9:07:00 AM8/18/16
to Kaa project

Hi,

I am trying my first demo using kaa project. It is called "IOT REAL-TIME DATA PROCESSING IN STORM USING KAA". The server program and the client program are running succesfully. The problem is that i could not find  the random data in the server page (with storm apache using the ip address). However, I can see the random data (power) in the cmd interface. Another problem is that the server receive the data only one time when I restart the sandbox environment.

I'd be grateful if you could help me.

BR,

Ben Aissia Yasser

Aug 22, 2016, 8:52:44 AM8/22/16
to Kaa project
Can anybody help me ?

Peter Krutsiuk

Aug 25, 2016, 11:07:30 AM8/25/16
to Kaa project
Hi,

Neither this demo application nor Kaa Administrative console does not provide any data visualization, so in order to retrieve collected data you need to use command line interface.
Flume appender in the demo just streams data into the Storm. If you want to persist data into a database then you can add one of supported log appenders into the demo application.
Refer to the Logging design and programming guides.

Another problem is that the server receive the data only one time when I restart the sandbox environment

Could you provide more details about this case? For example, clarify the sequence of steps that you performed in order to run this demo?

Best regards,
Peter.

Ben Aissia Yasser

Aug 26, 2016, 4:36:31 AM8/26/16
to Kaa project
Hi,
Thank you for answering me.
I installed the sandbox and configured the network address. I downloaded the server and the C client codes from the Sandbox examples. I installed java, maven and apache storm in my raspberry pi 3 (client) and in my computer(the vm sandbox too). After that, I ran the server and then the client. I noticed that when I stop the server and I ran it again. It didn't receive any thing. I noticed also that when i change the number of the RCP client pool size from the log appender. I can use the server many times. But i want to try it in an unlimited way.
Thank you in advance.
BR.

Peter Krutsiuk

Aug 29, 2016, 11:17:34 AM8/29/16
to Kaa project
Hi,

The Kaa Sandbox provide very basic demo applications the main purpose of which is to demonstrate an example of integration with different technologies and give some start point for the experiments.
So as you might guess already Sandbox demo applications are not production ready and require further improvements. That's why I recommend you to refer to the documentation for corresponding third party components (Apache Flume and Storm) in order to achieve required behavior.

Best regards,
Peter.