Deleting SDR and reinstalling

edrobe...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2023, 9:07:11 PM1/7/23
to K9TRC Group
I have found that I somehow have 3 copies of SDR on my Windows 10 pc. And as it is not working, I want to uninstall, then reinstall and start over. But every time I try to uninstall I am informed That I lack admin rights to do this.  I  am logged i as admin. I tried searching for a solution to this on Google but no thing seems to work. Does anyone ahve any ideas how to accomplish this?

thanks,

kb9pxw

Tipton ARC

Jan 12, 2023, 2:06:09 PM1/12/23
to K9TRC Group
It sounds like UAC (User Access Control) might be blocking you.
Click start
Type UAC
Hit Enter
In the new window, drop the slider down a notch or two and click OK.
You will most likely have to reboot after the settings have been applied.
--
If that doesn't work, you may need the uninstall command string for the application and running command prompt as administrator and using the command string to uninstall it.

edrobe...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2023, 9:26:18 PM1/27/23
to K9TRC Group
Well, tried that, it also did not work. Searched the internet for possible solutions tried a couple but no success. So, I opened the SDR Folder and deleted every file by hand. Took awhile but it is clean now. I will reinstall over the weekend. But will probably read more in advance.
Thanks