k8ssandra and k8ssandra-cluster charts combined

John Sanda

Jan 13, 2021, 3:49:04 PM1/13/21
to K8ssandra Users, K8ssandra Developers
Hi folks,

I just merged https://github.com/k8ssandra/k8ssandra/pull/194. The PR combined the k8ssandra and k8ssandra-cluster charts. We now just have the k8ssandra chart. Temporarily you will only be able to install a single release of the chart until we resolve the following issues:

I wanted to go ahead and merge 194 now because it will reduce the overall amount of work (and potential merge conflicts) necessary to complete these and other tickets that are in flight.

Thanks

John

Christopher Bradford

Jan 13, 2021, 7:42:34 PM1/13/21
to K8ssandra Users
Awesome work John. I wonder if the work on https://github.com/k8ssandra/k8ssandra/pull/176 will take care of #114. It looks like deployment via kube-prometheus-stack will scope selectors to the current namespace only.

John Sanda

Jan 13, 2021, 10:26:52 PM1/13/21
to K8ssandra Developers, K8ssandra Users
In the testing I have done thus far for https://github.com/k8ssandra/k8ssandra/pull/184 it looks like we need the following to make prometheus-operator namespace scoped:
  prometheusOperator:
    admissionWebhooks:
      enabled: false
    namespaces:
      releaseNamespace: true
      additional: []
I am not sure about Prometheus itself. If 176 will give us namespace scoping, that would be great :)