Media Sharing Community

Ken Ross

Dec 14, 2013, 1:21:52 PM12/14/13
to k2-su...@googlegroups.com
Is there an existing K2 plugin or series of K2 plugins which will help me accomplish something like this...?
  • Any registered user can upload images, or submit links for videos* (youtube, vimeo, etc.).
  • These media files can be "tagged" with any number of descriptive tags
  • The username of the user who submitted the media is added as a tag to everything they have submitted
  • Every tag is a "category" or "gallery" which can be used to view all media with that tag
  • Only the user who uploaded or submitted media, and site administrators, can add or change its tags
  • Every visitor to the site can view all media submitted, or all media with a specific tag; either in random order, or sorted by: date submitted, number of "likes", number of views, or title
  • Registered users can "like" any/all media submitted, once per each image/video
...I am not looking to have a full community with messaging, blogs, etc. ... I do not want individual user profiles (beyond the standard/basic joomla profile), and I am not looking for a full blown community plugin with individual user galleries such as CB or JomSocial, etc. I pretty much want the above bullet points to be the entire site.

Just one massive gallery that can be sorted/searched, and allow for user registration/submissions.
Does anything like this exist with current plugins, preferably among those available on the JED?

*I do not want to host the videos locally; they would have to be embedded from the original source.