Another successful K12LTSP install

Huck

Dec 29, 2006, 12:48:01 AM12/29/06
to K12opensource
this makes 4, although the very first I merely help support.

1st in Kelso, WA, Kelso-Longview Adventist School

http://www.klaschool.com/

2nd in Portland, OR, Portland Adventist Academy

http://www.paasda.org/

3rd in Portland, OR, Sunnyside Church

http://www.sunnyside-sda.org/

latest and greatest the 4th in Boring, OR, Hoodview Junior Academy

http://www.hvja.org

this is the fastest(technology costs keep getting lower for those beefy
servers!)

Utilizing K12LTSP from http://www.k12ltsp.org this stuff is just lovely
to install/administrate/operate. Couple that with Koha's opensource
library system, and you have a complete solution for a school minus one
key ingredient...the Student Management Software...so far we are still
having to rely heavily on proprietary software to fulfill those
requirements.

JMuelver

Jan 14, 2007, 8:34:32 AM1/14/07
to K12opensource

On Dec 28 2006, 11:48 pm, "Huck" <huc...@gmail.com> wrote:
this makes 4, although the very first I merely help support.

> Utilizing K12LTSP fromhttp://www.k12ltsp.orgthis stuff is just lovely

> to install/administrate/operate. Couple that with Koha's opensource
> library system, and you have a complete solution for a school minus one
> key ingredient...the Student Management Software...so far we are still
> having to rely heavily on proprietary software to fulfill those
> requirements

Have you looked at Focus/CIS http://www.focus-sis.org/ ?.

Nicholas Wheeler

Jan 28, 2007, 4:28:48 PM1/28/07
to k12ope...@googlegroups.com
For allowing students access to grades online: http://onlinegrades.org
(I believe this link was sent to this list a little ago, I recently
implemented it and am still testing - so far, it's incredible). For
more school-related functions(SIS), check out SchoolTool
www.schooltool.org On that page is also a link for CanDo, which is a
competency tracking program, the first of it's kind (and surely the
first opensource one of it's kind). CanDo was programmed by a friend
of mine, and a bunch of interns. I'm not sure if CanDo is at
production level or not, but I've heard rumours of the government of
Nepal wanting to implement by the end of '07.

--
Nicholas Wheeler
Systems Administrator