Google Site w/ Embedded Blogger Quit Working

Jeff Bowman

Oct 8, 2013, 4:43:54 PM10/8/13
to Google k12 Group
Hi All,

I have a user that is using the Embed Blogger gadget, and it was working flawlessly until today.   Now for some reason it is giving me security warnings in all browsers...  IE is pretty clear at giving you the option of showing the content, where as Chrome only adds a little shield to the right of the address bar that the users would need to click and Load Unsafe Script.

is the URL,  in Chrome if you do not click the shield and then Load Unsafe Script the embedded blog shows as a blank white box.

Thanks!

Jeff Bowman
Technology Director
Pecatonica School District #321
Office: 815-239-1639 Ext 1366
Cell: 815-978-7703

JP Connolly

Oct 8, 2013, 6:26:12 PM10/8/13
to Jeff Bowman, Google k12 Group, Eli Forsythe
We ran into this today as well - it looks like the most recent Chrome update will not allow you to display embedded/iframe content in a a page that differs from the default transport protocol, which has been mucking up our Sites. That is, since Sites pages are served via HTTPS, content in an iframe that is served via HTTP.

There may be a Chrome setting that can be changed (there may be some security risk to setting the flag to allow insecure content) via the command line upon launch:

But I'd encourage everyone to report this as a bug, since Chrome's newest update BREAKS GOOGLE SITES, which seems like something they'd rather not do :)

-JP

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Apps K12 Technical Forum" group.

JP Connolly
Director of Technology
Saint Ann's School
129 Pierrepont St.
Brooklyn, NY 11201

Kyle Brumbaugh

Oct 9, 2013, 11:34:20 AM10/9/13
to JP Connolly, Jeff Bowman, Google k12 Group, Eli Forsythe
Hi All,

I changed the "http" to "https" on some of the content I have embedded in a Google Site with Mixed results.  I had a Prezi embedded and I simply added the "s" to make the code "https" and it corrected the issue.  I used the same strategy with a Symbaloo I had embedded into a Google Site and the content that was pulled in was just the "basic" links, not the full featured 'buttons' that Symbaloo has.

So, I hope that Google rectifies this soon, but in the mean time, try adding the "s" in "https" to see if you can solve some of the issues.

Thanks,

Kyle Brumbaugh
Presentation High School
San Jose, CA