Finding sender from Anonymous Form

Blum, Jim

Dec 21, 2015, 11:05:48 AM12/21/15
to k12ap...@googlegroups.com
I have been asked by a HS principal if it is possible to get the email address of a particular respondent to an anonymous form he sent.

I found the following but do not know how to proceed.

https://developers.google.com/apps-script/reference/forms/form-response#getRespondentEmail()

Any help would be appreciated.
--
Jim Blum
Technology Coordinator

Brian Gray

Dec 21, 2015, 3:44:59 PM12/21/15
to Google Apps K12 Technical Forum

On Monday, December 21, 2015 at 10:05:48 AM UTC-6, Jim Blum wrote:
I have been asked by a HS principal if it is possible to get the email address of a particular respondent to an anonymous form he sent.

The link you included points to a page Google Apps Scripts, but it won't help you.  It says that the method "Gets the email address of the person who submitted this response, if the Form.setCollectEmail(collect) setting is enabled."

If setCollectEmail() is enabled on the form, the respondent's email would appear in the spreadsheet of responses (and the form would not be anonymous).

If the form is not collecting email addresses, there is no way to identify the respondent.  In this case, anonymous means anonymous - not just hidden.