Hybrid teaching

Edward Crist

Nov 24, 2020, 11:16:31 AM11/24/20
to k12ap...@googlegroups.com
Folks

IN a pre-pandemic world, our high school teachers do a LOT of small group work in the classroom.

In the COVID world, we're planning a model where some students are in class at the same time some are virtual...and the teacher is teach all at the same time.

We're seeing that trying to do a 'mix' group fo inclass/virtual students in a breakout room in MEET causes major feedback issues.

Anyone out there doing mix groupings in MEET and it's somewhat working??

Thanks!

Edward Crist
Technology Manager
City Charter High School
__________________________
201 Stanwix St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

"Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less" - C. S. Lewis

The optimist believes we live in the best possible world....the pessimist fears this is true.

Melinda C Waffle

Nov 24, 2020, 11:48:03 AM11/24/20
to Edward Crist, k12appstech
I received this last week from a colleague up at Traverse City - it may have what you are looking for:

Here is a link to a video that shows you how to set it up.

You no longer need the MUTE TAB extension as it is built into chrome, just right click and MUTE SITE.

I can't take credit for this and found it in the return to learn playbook

Hope that helps!

Melinda Waffle
Educational Technology Consultant
Calhoun Intermediate School District
Marshall, MI
G Voice: 269-558-4787

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Apps K12 Technical Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/k12appstech/CABTe6%2BBm0Oyu_ea0pyDL7nZk%3DkAsKkNHjnGUbLUf_Dv91VzRyA%40mail.gmail.com.