Disable Uncheck "Allow group members to direct add me to their groups"

Joel Lowsky

Jan 3, 2014, 12:45:01 PM1/3/14
to K12 Google Apps Tech List
Hi All,

There is a user setting (2 actually) that have proven to be somewhat problematic.  In "My settings" - "My global settings" for groups, users have the option to uncheck

Allow group members to direct add me to their groups
Allow group managers to invite me to their groups

If students uncheck these, then teachers can't add or invite them to groups.

Has anyone found a way to override or globally set this?

The only solution I've found so far is that an Administrator can can any user to any group (provided that Admin has the right privileges).

Thanks!

Joel

Inline image 1
image.png