Disable pop-up blocker in Kiosk mode

Wright, Keith

Jul 1, 2014, 2:25:52 PM7/1/14
to k12ap...@googlegroups.com
I have published and App for our NWEA web based map testing for the Chromebooks, but it will not run correctly because of the pop-up blocker. Does anybody know how to disable that from within an app?

Keith Wright
Director, Information and Education Systems
Ramona Unified School District

Utilizing technology tools to propel student learning and provide efficient and effective ways to manage school business.

Joel Lowsky

Jul 1, 2014, 2:47:20 PM7/1/14
to Wright, Keith, k12ap...@googlegroups.com
I'm guessing here, but if the popup blocker could be disabled from within an app, hackers/spammers would be all over that.

Perhaps its a policy you can push out...  In Chrome Device Management - Chome - Public Session Settings, there is an option to allow all, none, or selected pop-ups.  More importantly, you can whitelist sites for pop-ups ... that's probably your best bet.

Joel

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Apps K12 Technical Forum" group.

Wright, Keith

Kevin O'Donnell

Jul 2, 2014, 8:01:10 AM7/2/14
to k12ap...@googlegroups.com
You can use policy to push out settings - and you have some options
Admin Console > Device Management > Chrome > User Settings > Choose the organizational unit you want to apply the policy to
Look for > Pop-ups - Locally applied
  1. Pop-ups > You can set it so users can configure it on their own, Allow All or Block All
  2. Allow Pop-ups on These Sites > Put one pattern on each line.
  3. Block Pop-ups on These Sites > Put one pattern on each line

Confidentiality Notice: the information contained in this email and any attachments may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
All email to and from @belmar.k12.nj.us is to be used for educational purposes

Parker Brown

Apr 15, 2015, 1:09:46 PM4/15/15
to k12ap...@googlegroups.com
Did you ever figure out how to allow popups in custom Kiosk apps?