Signature Field in Google Forms

Rebecca Johnson

Apr 1, 2015, 9:53:14 AM4/1/15
to k12ap...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to add an electronic signature field into a Google Form. We would like to have the recipient verify their form data/answers by e-signing the Google Form before submitting it.

I've searched high and low for an extension or add-in (free), but haven't come up with anything suitable. Has anybody come across a tool to accomplish this?

Joel Lowsky

Apr 1, 2015, 10:30:13 AM4/1/15
to Rebecca Johnson, K12 Google Apps Tech List
I use a lowbrow solution:

By entering your initials in the box below, you are effectively providing your signature, indicating that all the information on this form is true and accurate, to the best of your knowledge.

Joel

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Rebecca Johnson <john...@nwlehighsd.org> wrote:
Is there a way to add an electronic signature field into a Google Form. We would like to have the recipient verify their form data/answers by e-signing the Google Form before submitting it.

I've searched high and low for an extension or add-in (free), but haven't come up with anything suitable. Has anybody come across a tool to accomplish this?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Apps K12 Technical Forum" group.

Chris Franzen

Apr 1, 2015, 10:44:18 AM4/1/15
to Joel Lowsky, Google Apps K12 Technical Forum, Rebecca Johnson

That's what most online signatures are, even Erate.

Melinda C Waffle

Apr 1, 2015, 10:53:15 AM4/1/15
to Chris Franzen, Joel Lowsky, Google Apps K12 Technical Forum, Rebecca Johnson
We use similar to Joel's solution, only it is two fields. 1.  A checkbox (required with single box to check) that has the agreement/disclaimer ("By entering your name below you....) 2. a textbox for their name

Melinda Waffle
Educational Technology Consultant
Calhoun Intermediate School District
Marshall, MI

Your work may be finished someday, but your education, never.  -Alexandre Dumas the Elder

Bernie McCormick

Apr 1, 2015, 11:01:02 AM4/1/15
to Melinda C Waffle, Chris Franzen, Joel Lowsky, Google Apps K12 Technical Forum, Rebecca Johnson
This is what our counsel advised when we were meeting compliance with DOL requirements re: information dissemination.  Make sure that the form is set to collect username/timestamp as well, if it is an internal post.  If it is external, you have to leave it open.