Online Math Tutor, two weeks for free!

xian...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2005, 11:02:14 PM7/26/05

Just got an email says that my kids can use ALEKS for free (two weeks)
anybody know about this? Email come from onlin...@gmail.com. I
wonder if this is real. Thanks.

--
submissions: post to k12.ed.math or e-mail to k12...@k12groups.org
private e-mail to the k12.ed.math moderator: kem-mo...@k12groups.org

Kevin Karplus

Jul 27, 2005, 1:22:11 AM7/27/05

On 2005-07-27, xian...@gmail.com <xian...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just got an email says that my kids can use ALEKS for free (two weeks)
> anybody know about this? Email come from onlin...@gmail.com. I
> wonder if this is real. Thanks.

ALEKS is real, but it is more of an adaptive math drill program than a
math tutor. The free week or two is also real---after that it costs a
moderate amount.

aleks.com has been reviewed (favorably) in this newsgroup before.
My own family has not used it---my son got irritated with the site
during the first day and refused to have anything more to do with it.

Kevin Karplus kar...@soe.ucsc.edu http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus
(Senior member, IEEE) (Board of Directors, ISCB)
Affiliations for identification only.