Teaching Philosophies -- Standardized Curriculum

llsc...@wisc.edu

Oct 2, 2005, 9:30:32 PM10/2/05

I have been doing research on the use of standardized curriculum in the
classroom with the hope of implementing it into my personal teaching
strategies and philosophies. Standardized curriculum provides a
uniform education for all students in the classroom, and it also keeps
teachers on a strict lesson plan with little to no room for deviation.
However, I feel that the individual needs of the students are not
addressed or taken into consideration with this curriculum format. I
am in need of assistance, whether it be opinions, suggestions or past
experiences, with the standardized curriculum format. What would you
recommend?

--
submissions: post to k12.ed.math or e-mail to k12...@k12groups.org
private e-mail to the k12.ed.math moderator: kem-mo...@k12groups.org