K9 Mail cannot add another email account please help.

Milan Cesal

Dec 8, 2013, 7:43:34 PM12/8/13
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Just moved to K9 email and cannot find a way to addanother account.

I have added one as pert of the initial set up but no idea what happening in regrads to adding more.

Any ideas?

Milan

Voytek

Dec 8, 2013, 10:21:33 PM12/8/13
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com

Try tapping top lhs dog icon

Seth Holmes

Dec 9, 2013, 12:14:43 PM12/9/13
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com
From the Accounts screen select the menu option (three vertical dots, lower
or upper right corner depending on orientation) and then "Add Account"

If you're not sure how to get to the "Accounts" screen, you get there from the
"Folders" screen by pressing on "Folders" which has a left facing arrow on the
left of it.

If you aren't sure how to get to the Folder screen, from the "Inbox" screen
press "Inbox" which also has a left facing arrow to the left of it.

C K

Dec 10, 2013, 2:43:12 PM12/10/13
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com
OK.  I keep seeing the same info on adding additional email accounts to K9.

My $000.00002 worth.

I'm running K9 version 4.409 on a Moto DROID Razr (Android 4.1.2). In this configuration there is indeed an operable "Add Account" function following the directions as presented in this thread.

However:

I'm also running K9 version 4.801 on a Nexus 7 - Generation 2 (Android 4.4). Still am UNABLE to locate a menu option to "Add Account" ?

Dennis Rockwell

Dec 11, 2013, 10:44:25 AM12/11/13
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com
On 12/10/2013 02:43 PM, C K wrote:
> OK. I keep seeing the same info on adding additional email accounts
> to K9.
>
> My $000.00002 worth.
>
> I'm running K9 version 4.409 on a Moto DROID Razr (Android 4.1.2). In
> this configuration there is indeed an operable "Add Account" function
> following the directions as presented in this thread.
>
> However:
>
> I'm also running K9 version 4.801 on a Nexus 7 - Generation 2 (Android
> 4.4). Still am UNABLE to locate a menu option to "Add Account" ?

Tap the K-9 icon in the upper left until it doesn't show a left-pointing
arrow anymore. You should have a list of accounts (perhaps one). In
the upper right, there is a big +. Tap that.

Dennis

Curt Knight

Dec 11, 2013, 11:43:24 AM12/11/13
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com
THANKS...!!

So simple ... so obvious .... once pointed out.

LR S

Seth Holmes

Jan 24, 2014, 5:12:51 PM1/24/14
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com
https://github.com/k9mail/k-9/wiki/Manual

You can probably contribute as you seem to have vast knowledge in the
area of documentation.
> <javascript:>
> To unsubscribe, email k-9-mail+u...@__googlegroups.com <javascript:>
> To report an issue with K-9 Mail, visit
> http://code.google.com/p/__k9mail/issues/list
> <http://code.google.com/p/k9mail/issues/list>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/__group/k-9-mail
> <http://groups.google.com/group/k-9-mail>
>
> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google Groups "K-9 Mail" group.
> it, send an email to k-9-mail+u...@__googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/__groups/opt_out
> <https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out>.

Peter

Jan 24, 2014, 7:54:35 PM1/24/14
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com, Seth Holmes
Hi devs, is it possible to include a clickable link to the wiki manual for K9 in the list of selectable drop down items from the main account page, it may just help prevent a confused user from turning to the forum before reading what has been documented so far?
Peter

--
Tel: 01953 498510
Mob: 07836 784143

Jeroen Tietema

Jan 25, 2014, 3:15:47 AM1/25/14
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com
You can long tap an icon and it will show a label for the action. I found that useful when learning k9-mail.
I believe this works in other apps as well.

Cheers, Jeroen