Constructing Modern Knowledge Summer Institute News

Sylvia Martinez

Apr 18, 2024, 5:59:07 PMApr 18
to K-12 Fab Labs and Makerspaces
Hi maker friends -
Just a quick announcement.

After fifteen glorious years, we have made the difficult decision to announce that Constructing Modern Knowledge 2024, July 9-12th in Manchester, New Hampshire will be our last summer institute.

If you have been dreaming of attending CMK or returning one more time, now is the time.

In this perilous time for education, educators like yourself deserve community, respect, and inspiration now more than ever. Our alumni tell us how CMK launches them back to school reenergized, revitalized, and excited about new possibilities for learners.

CMK 2024 will be a celebration of hard fun, where science, art, and powerful ideas play together.

Our lineup of guest speakers is mind-blowing, including Dr. Stephen Wolfram, arguably one of the world’s leading scientists, El Sistema expert Tricia Tunstall, and Jazz House Kids founder Melissa Walker.

Pre-institute workshops include a new and unique AI and coding hands-on experience.

We have some other surprises in store for you too, in addition to our CMK traditions of meat on swords, Fisher Cat baseball, the Project Pajama Party, and four days to work on personally meaningful projects with a mountain of materials and supported by our assembled expertise.

If CMK is not in the cards for you this summer, consider forwarding this info to colleagues. We appreciate it!

Sylvia Martinez
Constructing Modern Knowledge Summer Institute - July 9-12, 2024 https://constructingmodernknowledge.com

Co-author of Invent To Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom
"The Maker Movement in schools now has a bible." - Larry Magid, Technology Columnist, Huffington Post, CBS News.
Message has been deleted