Maker Skills PD at MIT - June 24 - 27 - a few spots left!

Diane Brancazio

Apr 26, 2024, 8:03:40 AMApr 26
to K-12 Fab Labs and Makerspaces

Join us at MIT for K-12 Maker Project PD at MIT - projects that can be adapted by teachers in ANY subject and grade level.

Created by our team of Maker experts, these rich projects engage students while integrating academic content.

Spend a day learning digital fabrication (3D printers, laser cutters, Cricut cutters), electronics, physical computing or handcrafting tools and techniques through fun, engaging Maker projects that you can adapt to use in your classes. Beginners welcome, more advanced folks can take the projects further. Visit this page for full details and registration

Make by Hand - Monday June 24th

Tactile Maker projects with real crafting, textile, and shop tools

Digital Fabrication - Tuesday June 25th

Maker projects with 3D printers, laser cutters and vinyl cutters

Electronics - Wednesday June 26th

Light up learning with simple electronics Maker projects

Physical Computing - Thursday June 27th

Maker projects that bring code to life in the real world featuring Scratch and Codeblocks for micro:bit

All workshops are held at the MIT Edgerton Center on the MIT campus and run from 9 am to 3 pm. More information on each workshop is at k12maker.mit.edu/maker-project-workshops

We also offer custom PD and coaching (in-person or remote) in these areas:

  • Maker Tools Skills
  • Integrating Maker projects into academic curriculum
  • Setting up and maintaining a Makerspace

More information at k12maker.mit.edu/pdpackages

Contact our team at k12m...@mit.edu and let us help you figure out the Professional Development option that meets your needs and goals.

We invite you to explore our website k12maker.mit.edu full of free resources for Maker Educators, and subscribe to our newsletter News From the K-12MakerLab.

Diane Brancazio

K-12 Maker Team Leader | MIT Edgerton Center | Office of Experiential Learning
SeaPerch consultant | MIT SeaGrant College Program

Email | Maker Resources | SeaPerch ResourcesLinkedIn

Message has been deleted