Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at the Logo Summer Institute

Michael Tempel

May 16, 2024, 1:02:11 PMMay 16
to K-12 Fab Labs and Makerspaces

In the mix of explorations, activities, and projects at this year’s Logo Summer Institute we will be looking at how AI might change how computer programming is done. Continuing the discussion begun this past winter by Brian Silverman and Artemis Papert in our workshop AI and the End of Programming as We Know It, we’ll look at how Large Language Models (LLMs) such as ChatGPT can assist programmers rather than replace them. We’ll also explore the impact of emerging AI technologies on education more broadly.

Here are some projects using AI and LLMs that we’ll investigate:

·       Programming Finch and Hummingbird robots with behaviors that depend on the objects or images that are seen

·       Using Learning ML, a modified version of Scratch, to create interactive animations and games that take different actions based on visual inputs

·       Building and programming self-driving vehicles that can respond to traffic signs

·       Using Machine Learning in a Generative Art creation so that it displays differently depending on who is viewing it.

·       …and much more

Visit www.logofoundation.org/summer to find out about the full range of creative computing possibilities you will experience at the 2024 Logo Summer Institute.

Message has been deleted