3D Printer Cloud Management Softwware

Kimberly Fogarty

Oct 27, 2023, 10:36:21 AM10/27/23
to k-12-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
Anyone have experience with a web-based print management solution?  Especially one that can route prints to different machines (ie. Prusa and Makerbots).

Thanks!!
Kim

PS. We got new Prusa MK4s and they have been AMAZING.  So much faster than the MK3s.

Joan Horvath

Oct 28, 2023, 2:55:33 PM10/28/23
to K-12 Fab Labs and Makerspaces
Have you tried Octoprint? Open source, free.

Amanda Grutza

Oct 28, 2023, 2:59:41 PM10/28/23
to Joan Horvath, K-12 Fab Labs and Makerspaces
Second for octoprint. It's a game changer and you can fully customize to your printers.

--
For a compilation of resources/links/etc mentioned on this forum, visit: https://sites.google.com/site/k12makers/
---

Joan Horvath

Oct 28, 2023, 4:24:32 PM10/28/23
to K-12 Fab Labs and Makerspaces
(There's a one-month free trial if your school or library doesn't have access.)

Corey McGuire

Nov 5, 2023, 6:19:30 PM11/5/23
to Kimberly Fogarty, K-12 Fab Labs and Makerspaces
Prusa has Prusalink which is somewhat redundant with octoprint. MK4's come with it.

I would suggest looking in to that.

If it is to your liking, you can add prusalink to MK3's with a raspberry pi Zero and an Ethernet adapter or a Zero W for wireless.  You can also use a Zero W2, which has much higher performance but I don't know if that is significant for this application.

--
For a compilation of resources/links/etc mentioned on this forum, visit: https://sites.google.com/site/k12makers/
---

Kris

Nov 5, 2023, 8:38:29 PM11/5/23
to Corey McGuire, Kimberly Fogarty, K-12 Fab Labs and Makerspaces
The Prusa Mini+ can also be used via PrusaLink out of the box using ethernet.

--

---

Kristopher 'Linus' Velez

Middle / High School Teacher