3D slicer that works on chromebooks

John Baglio

Apr 16, 2024, 5:00:52 AMApr 16
to K-12 Fab Labs and Makerspaces
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a 3D printing slicer that works on Chromebooks.

I know there are a few online.  Are there any that run as an app on Chromebooks OR are online but don't require an account/sign-in from young students?

Thanks,

John

Tim Cooper

Apr 19, 2024, 11:55:14 AMApr 19
to John Baglio, K-12 Fab Labs and Makerspaces
Take a look at octopi (https://octoprint.org/download/#octopi) . It is mot for chromebook but you can access it by webbrowser. Any slicer for cb you would probably have to free up linux and no one wants to do that in a school:)

Best,
Tim

--
For a compilation of resources/links/etc mentioned on this forum, visit: https://sites.google.com/site/k12makers/
---

Tim Cooper, M.Ed OCT (he/him)

Technology Teaching and Learning Coordinator, Design and Programming Teacher

Design Dept Co-Chair | THE YORK SCHOOL

416.926.1325 ext. 1458

E - tco...@yorkschool.com -- T - @tcoops -- LinkedIn - ca.linkedin.com/in/tcoops

John Baglio

Apr 19, 2024, 11:55:14 AMApr 19
to Tim Cooper, K-12 Fab Labs and Makerspaces
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Marcus L. Twyford

Apr 23, 2024, 12:38:29 PMApr 23
to John Baglio, K-12 Fab Labs and Makerspaces
John - you may also want to check out the Polar Cloud - Polar3d.com -
They used to make their own printers - but now focus solely on cloud software for slicing and managing print queues with a focus on education.

No SD cards, USB sticks, cables etc - (for most cloud connected printers)

On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 5:00 AM 'John Baglio' via K-12 Fab Labs and Makerspaces <k-12-f...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
--
For a compilation of resources/links/etc mentioned on this forum, visit: https://sites.google.com/site/k12makers/
---