LLMs, APIs, and Automation, oh my!

Jaymes Dec

May 11, 2023, 1:32:57 PM5/11/23
to k-12-fablabs
Hi K12 MAkers!

I've been tinkering around a bit with the OpenAI API and Langchain and combining them with Canvas LMS. I managed to create a script that I have dreamed of since I first started teaching - Auto-Generating Report Card Narratives!

I scrape all the assessment data from Canvas for a particular student (submission comments, numerical scores and rubrics assessments). Then send that data in a formatted prompt to generate the narrative. Since I already provide detailed written feedback and rubric assessments on all assignments, the narratives are quite personalized, objective, and accurate.

I'm sure that others in NYCIST land are experimenting with these tools. It might be fun to share some of that work with each other.

Is anyone game for a GPT Share and Tell? I think we can do something over zoom if enough people would be interested. Fill out this form if this sounds like something that you might want to participate in, attend, or help organize.

I hope others are as interested in this topic as I am!

--
Jaymes Dec

Jaymes Dec

May 11, 2023, 1:44:05 PM5/11/23
to k-12-fablabs
Sorry I cut and pasted from another email forum:

I'm sure that others in K12 MAKER land are experimenting with these tools. It might be fun to share some of that work with each other.