Legends and Tick Question

Anit Renad

Jul 22, 2022, 12:23:55 PM7/22/22
to Jzy3d
For Ticks is there a way to give non-numeric values/names such as "x1", "x2", and "x3" instead of 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0.

I noticed the Legend in the code so far only accepts colors and shape. Is there a way to have it accept another string or numeric value for the representational value?

Martin Pernollet

Jul 29, 2022, 9:00:30 AM7/29/22
to jz...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes you can, as shown here in the Axis Layout section of the new online guide.

Best,

Martin

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "Jzy3d".

Anit Renad

Aug 12, 2022, 9:09:25 AM8/12/22
to Jzy3d
I used the TickLabelMap and it works, thank you.  A slight question regarding tick labels is their a function that manipulates their rotation?

Martin Pernollet

Aug 12, 2022, 9:33:22 AM8/12/22
to jz...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There is a setting to set the direction of tick labels, either horizontal, vertical, or parallel to axis for each axis (e.g. you can have X and Y horizontal and Z vertical). It is not mentioned in the guide but there is a demonstration of this in the guide code examples.

The text renderer is however able to do more and to apply any rotation in [0;2PI] under the hood. It's just that you can't define a rotation per label. Is this what you are looking for?

On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 3:09 PM Anit Renad <mark...@gmail.com> wrote:
I used the TickLabelMap and it works, thank you.  A slight question regarding tick labels is their a function that manipulates their rotation?

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "Jzy3d".

Anit Renad

Aug 15, 2022, 10:55:02 AM8/15/22
to Jzy3d
 I'm interested in changing the whole line in case the labels for the strings get too long, though I can not access the part of the guide that requires purchase because from what I gathered the credit card company I'm getting money from doesn't trust the source.