The all new JYE DSO 082

Stevan C.

Nov 30, 2010, 1:39:48 PM11/30/10
to JYE Tech Oscilloscopes
Well, it's been about time I get my hands on the new brainchild of Mr.
Zemin of JYE Tech.

So I finally got my two scopes gratuitously sent by JYE few weeks ago.

They are BETA hardware and early BETA firmware.

So, here are my first hand impressions and hopefully later some photos
I took.

The feeling is good. the rotary dial works surprisingly well, and has
clicks (WoW!). To my biggest surprise it turns out it can be pressed
for on/off toggle, although as soon as You power-cycle trough pulling
the plug, the DSO comes to instant ON regardless of the last state,
so my guess is it is planned for a later firmware as a power saving
option (I will run mine on batteries eventually)

The unit is rated 8..10V and the indication is fairly well hidden
beneath the handy up-stand support on the back. A friend noted the
input/multi function port should be depicted on the face as well.
I would add, the 8-10V note should be placed alongside of the power
plug as well.

I got each with a 20MHz probe (the probe is to be at least twice as
fast as the scope, to be any good) and a 9V 1000mA rated Switch Mode
power adapter (SMPSU)

Needless to say, all worked right from the first plug.
The firmware is fairly reactive and surprisingly intuitive. The scope
goes fine down to ere 0.2usec/div and up to colossal 10minutes/div.
There is candy: once HOLD is active (by press) one can zoom the
captured waveform quite a bit in and out - what a handy option!

Then there is the rotary encoder that speeds up the settings of
vertical/horizontal position, trigger level and the "zero" line.
While on vpos, enabling HOLD and holding VPOS for a while, enters the
zero postion adjust menu, Mr. Zemin will tell us some more about?
This menu is entered also upon first time using VPOS after a power
up.

There is no FFT in this firmware version (020), also there is no
frequency counter (yet).

The speed of the unit is remarkable, but the vertical accuracy is a
bit iffy from 5usec and faster sampling settings.

All in all, a remarkable step forward, a faster scope with more
potential to be explored yet.

TODO:
it has a natural USB connector I didn't tried yet.

Best regards,
Stevan C.

P.S.
Expect photos soon ;)

Hifi Duino

Dec 2, 2010, 8:04:49 PM12/2/10
to JYE Tech Oscilloscopes
Thanks for the update. What is the vertical resolution of the scope?

JYE Tek

Dec 3, 2010, 7:05:21 PM12/3/10
to JYE Tech Oscilloscopes
Vertical sresolution is from 10mV/Div to 5V/Div.

Stevan C.

Dec 4, 2010, 2:22:31 PM12/4/10
to JYE Tech Oscilloscopes
Which, in my opinion, makes it just perfect for ampere sampling over a
low Ohm resistor (25mOhm 5W or similar)

Best regards
Stevan C.

JYE Tek wrote:
> Vertical sresolution is from 10mV/Div to 5V/Div.
>

> 2010/12/3 Hifi Duino <hifi...@gmail.com <mailto:hifi...@gmail.com>>

> Thanks for the update. What is the vertical resolution of the scope?
>
> On Nov 30, 10:39 am, "Stevan C." <ces...@gmail.com

> <mailto:jye-tech-os...@googlegroups.com>.

> jye-tech-oscillos...@googlegroups.com

> <mailto:jye-tech-oscilloscopes%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

David Beierl

Dec 7, 2010, 9:51:29 AM12/7/10
to Stevan C., JYE Tech Oscilloscopes
At 02:22 PM 12/4/2010, Stevan C. wrote:
>Which, in my opinion, makes it just perfect for ampere sampling over
>a low Ohm resistor (25mOhm 5W or similar)

Stevan, is the triggering on the new scope any better than the
062? I need to be able to trigger reliably on a rising or falling
signal; and HF and LF rejection would be a serious plus.

Yours,
David
ps -- haven't heard back from you on the suggestion you made in pmail
re list operation.

Stevan C.

Dec 7, 2010, 1:34:57 PM12/7/10
to JYE Tech Oscilloscopes
I plan to go into that as soon as i get some spare time
:-(

The trigger _must_ be floating or the scopes fry (I tried and fry-ed one)
So I have to make a 5turn bifilar wound ferrite toroid and to split a
"S-VGA" cable (two yellow jacks) and to make few trials (hopefully
smoke-less)

'till then hat's down if someone tries first ;-)

And still have to recover the "C" DSO I fried with a "straight" S-VGA cable.

Iti is self understood that the 062 go with RCA jacks for trigger
sharing, and the 082 I guess would go with BNC, right?

Stevan C.
RE: p.s. - i beg for little more patience? ;-)

Hifi Duino

Dec 7, 2010, 7:54:18 PM12/7/10
to JYE Tech Oscilloscopes
10mV per division. Is that 10x better low level sensitivity than the
current model?

Stevan Cerovec

Dec 8, 2010, 4:19:01 AM12/8/10
to JYE Tech Oscilloscopes
In short:
Yes
Best regards,
Stevan C.

2010/12/8, Hifi Duino <hifi...@gmail.com>:

> --

Послато са мог мобилног уређаја

Stevan C.

Jan 22, 2011, 7:28:52 AM1/22/11
to JYE Tech Oscilloscopes
So,
courtesy of Mr. Zemin, I finally got hold of four updated firmware
files, and had some spare time (=less sleep) to do the upload:

I plug the power to the scope: nothing happens (no scrren on)
;-)
I click the dial and: voila! it powers up! as it should be IMHO.

since this little improvement, it just counts up:
the horizontal ruler got an indicator arrow, showing the trigger line
on the screen, every thing else is familiar already.

To enter an add on menu, just pres any of the seven rubber keys for
about 5 sec:

[MODE]
the all familiar FFT, now up to 50MS/sec and down to 50Hz ;-) with
256, 512 and 1024 resolutions ([HPOS])

[VPOS] Vpos zeroing (to be discussed yet)ttttttttttttttttt)

[HPOS] Record lenght setup: cycle trough 2k, 4k, 8k and 16k lengths of
record buffer

[LEVEL] Trig position setup:1/8, 1/4, *1/2, 3/4, 7/8, of the receiving
buffer.

It all begins slowly to get an pleasing shape :-)
Until further notes:

Best regards,
Stevan C.

P.S. It has begun shipping...