How to upgrade bootloader n keypad firmware

SM Ling

Apr 5, 2011, 3:14:26 AM4/5/11
to JYE Tech Oscilloscopes
I have a beta 082, got a JYETECH AVR USB programmer, and got some
time recently.

SO I have bricked my 082. How do I go about upgrading the bootloader
and keypad firmware, I guess the main firmware is less of a problem if
I can't do it together as I could do it with avrdude later.

When I run the extreme burner, I assume I should load them into flash,
how can I load both in without overwritting each other?

Ling SM

Stevan Cerovec

Apr 6, 2011, 2:35:17 PM4/6/11
to SM Ling, JYE Tech Oscilloscopes
If the scope is bricked, it was probably the wrong header, m48 and m64
have look alike headers? If not, you probably just uploaded the
bootloader instead of the, smaller, firmware file?
If i'm way off, only Zemin can help?
Best regards,
Stevan C.

2011/4/5, SM Ling <sm.l...@gmail.com>:

> --

Послато са мог мобилног уређаја

JYE Tek

Apr 6, 2011, 7:42:10 PM4/6/11
to JYE Tech Oscilloscopes
Sorry, I replied this to SM Ling only.

Apr 6, 2011, 11:13:16 PM4/6/11
to JYE Tech Oscilloscopes
Thanks Zemin and Steven, problem solved. Took a while and some tries.

1. For the keypad update: setup was J5 on AVR USB, PWR TAR jumper
removed. J1 on DS082. Power up DS082, and run extreme burner, choose
chip ATmega48 to burn. I got AVR chip IC mis-matched message, but
ignored it.

2. For the bootloader update: setup is still J5 on AVR USB, with PAR
TAR jumper on. J1 on DS082. Power up DS082. Then connect USB to my
XP machine. Run extreme burner, choose ATmega64. eXtreme burner is
quite flaky, once it lost the burner, I had to play a bit, restart and
get it recognising the driver again. It was also quite easy for
eXtreme to loose the driver. Any better one out there? with ASCII
decode?

Ling SM

JYE Tek

Apr 8, 2011, 11:30:44 AM4/8/11