Extending Jx.Tab

fractorr

Jan 6, 2012, 2:55:30 PM1/6/12
to JxLib
I am in the processing of upgrading my JxLib app to version 3.1 and am
running into an issue that I can not seem to track down what the cause
is.

In my old app I was extending Jx.Button.Tab after looking at the JxLib
code it looks like I now need to extend Jx.Tab instead, after changing
my class to extend Jx.Tab I am now getting this error.

item is not a constructor

var instance = new item;

Do you have any idea what this is and how to fix it?

Jon Bomgardner

Jan 6, 2012, 4:01:37 PM1/6/12
to jx...@googlegroups.com
I think we're going to need a bit more context to figure that out. How are you extending Jx.Tab? Can you perhaps post a jsfiddle with an example of the error?

Jon

Trevor Orr

Jan 6, 2012, 4:04:15 PM1/6/12
to jx...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I can do that, just thought maybe this was something you had run into when building JxLib 3.0 with MooTools 1.4.  I will get a jsfiddle posted.

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Jon Bomgardner <jo...@comcast.net> wrote:
I think we're going to need a bit more context to figure that out. How are you extending Jx.Tab? Can you perhaps post a jsfiddle with an example of the error?

Jon

Trevor Orr

Jan 6, 2012, 4:18:05 PM1/6/12
to jx...@googlegroups.com
Here is a jsfiddle where the error is happening.

http://jsfiddle.net/waREC/5/

Jon Bomgardner

Jan 6, 2012, 5:43:22 PM1/6/12
to jx...@googlegroups.com
Trevor,

I tracked it down and found the issue. The problem is actually in Jx.Toolbar.Container when it tries to set the width of one of the inner containers. In some cases (when there are no buttone/tabs) it tries to set the width to -1. I just need to add a check to set it to zero should it try to do that.

I'm not in a position to fix it right now (at work) but will try to get to it this evening. Actually thought I had fixed this but must not have. Also, I changed your fiddle to use the 3.1.1 version of the library see here:

http://fiddle.jshell.net/waREC/6/show/

If you're not using 3.1.1 please do and in fiddles try to use the standalone library if you include core and more fro the drop downs on the site.  I'll try to ge to this tonight... this weekend at the latest.

Thanks,

Jon

Trevor Orr

Jan 6, 2012, 6:45:31 PM1/6/12
to jx...@googlegroups.com
Great thanks for looking into that.  I have downloaded 3.1.1 and will see about starting to upgrade other parts of my app until that part is fixed.

Jon Bomgardner

Jan 8, 2012, 6:45:03 PM1/8/12
to jx...@googlegroups.com
Trevor,

The fix for this issue (notes as issue #65 on lighthouse) is fixed in master. You can just clone the repository and build it or if you need I can build it for you to test with.

Thanks,
Jon