Pieces

Bryan Whitby

Oct 3, 2020, 4:14:24 AM10/3/20
to jwtc
 Hi Jeroen
Hope you are keeping well during these difficult times.
You might remember me from requesting app connection to Berger's Solus chessboard?
Anyway just a quick question. On Github your piece graphics are svg but in the Android app they are pgn. Why is this and would you like anymore piece Sets should you ever decide to release another update?
Regards
Bryan

Claudio valenzi

Oct 3, 2020, 7:36:09 AM10/3/20
to jw...@googlegroups.com

Okok

--

---

Jeroen

Oct 3, 2020, 8:47:39 AM10/3/20
to jwtc
Hi Bryan,

Hope you are well too.
Yes I remember that keyboard input stuff.

So I was planning to move from png to svg for optimal drawing on high resolution devices. But I never finished that. It caused some issues on low Android versions that I wanted to keep supporting. So basically those svg's are just sitting there.
There is a new branch that contains some work for improvements to online play and to allow for dragging a piece to move it. But my hobby time is now mostly occupied by work on another project (http://resolf.com/) for which I am developing the Android and iOS app. So when there ever will be another update released I do not know, but I expect to work on it in the future because there are many more improvements I want to implement.

Regards,
Jeroen

Jeroen

Jul 23, 2022, 11:31:15 AM7/23/22
to jwtc
Update on this matter: Latest release has multiple svg piece sets.

Bryan Whitby

Jul 24, 2022, 4:01:09 AM7/24/22
to jw...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeroen

Many thanks for remembering me and thanks for the update 👍

I still keep in touch with Berger my friend in Barcelona who designed the SolusChess board that uses your app.

Regards from England
Bryan ♟️

--

---