Puzzles or Practice sets for young children learning chess

David Martin

Jan 9, 2013, 10:17:00 AM1/9/13
to jw...@googlegroups.com
Great app so far, but I am wondering if you know of a practice set or puzzles that are more basic that I can import. My 4 yr. old daughter is learning chess and her favorite book is "Chess Puzzles for Children" by David Levin. I would like to be able to import similar puzzles that start easy and progressively get more difficult. Thank you.

David Martin

Jan 9, 2013, 10:33:47 AM1/9/13
to jw...@googlegroups.com
I found what looks like a good set of puzzles for children to import here: http://www.banquise.org/python/version-chess-pgn-tex-pdf-converter/

Jeroen

Jan 10, 2013, 3:35:55 AM1/10/13
to jw...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

Will look into this in more detail later.
It comes down to finding a good collection. I have uploaded the PGN file from your next post and have it available here:

Note: have not tested it yet, but a short glance at the file looks promising - let me know if it works for you using the "advanced > create practice set". (so it will be available in the practice option - not the puzzles - that format is different).

Best regards,
Jeroen

Jeroen

Jan 10, 2013, 1:33:39 PM1/10/13
to jw...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

I mixed it up - the PGN format is not suitable to create a practice set, you can import it as puzzles if you download
on your Android and choose Advanced > Import Puzzles and select the downloaded file.
There is a bug in the import so that not all puzzles are usable, but at least she can start puzzling!

Best regards,
Jeroen