Difficulty levels

steve...@googlemail.com

Aug 20, 2020, 1:28:37 AM8/20/20
to jwtc
I think your app is superb , I've been playing for years!
Call me an idiot , but I've never been able to work out the difficulty levels ? Which are easy and which are difficult etc . I dont know what ply means ...
It all seems pretty hard to me ...and I am an above average player !

ibti...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2020, 8:17:15 AM8/20/20
to jwtc
so as per i know ply in chess is a half-move.
In computing, the concept of ply corresponds to one level of the game tree. its actually the layer that computer would typically search to a depth of between a range say 1-10 (as in the application). so 10 ply is the hardest and 1 ply is the easiest level.
I hope that helps.