PageIterator - Out of memory error

Nitish Gupta

Oct 22, 2016, 5:41:08 AM10/22/16
to jwpl-users
For faster processing, I am trying to use the PageIterator class. I set the bufferLimit to be 500,000. After reading those many pages, I get a Java Out of Memory: heap space error. I have tried allocating 32GB to the JVM, still get the same issue.

Any ideas for processing the Pages faster?

Thanks in advance,
Nitish Gupta

Torsten Zesch

Oct 22, 2016, 6:56:19 AM10/22/16
to jw...@googlegroups.com
well, if a buffer limit of 500,000 gives you memory troubles, either buy more memory or reduce the buffer size :)

If the processing with a smaller buffer is not fast enough for your purposes, I don't think there is a good solution without refactoring most of the JWPL core.

-Torsten

Nitish Gupta

Oct 22, 2016, 2:31:42 PM10/22/16
to jwpl-users
Sorry for the very stupid question. Because it was processing first 'BufferSize' document correctly then was giving error on the next buffer, I thought something to be broken. Reducing the buffer slightly was able to run.