Release Candidate 2.0.0

Richard Zowalla

Nov 15, 2023, 3:59:21 AM11/15/23
to jwpl-users
Hi folks,

a new version of JWPL is in the starting blocks.

This version contains many improvements and bug fixes, e.g. the new release supports the Jakarta namespace and sets the Java language level to Java 17.
Please note, that the packages and artifact ids also changed, so this release is considered breaking.

An overview of the changes can be found at https://github.com/dkpro/dkpro-jwpl/milestone/14?closed=1

This version should work with the Wikipedia dumps from 2022. Since there was also a modernization of the Mediawiki schema, we will bring the corresponding support to Swebble in a next step. Unfortunately, development has also fallen asleep here, so we have to do a bit more ;-) But help and PRs are always welcome!

Here is the staging repository:

https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/orgdkprojwpl-1001/

Here is the tag:

https://github.com/dkpro/dkpro-jwpl/releases/tag/dkpro-jwpl-2.0.0

Please provide feedback via GitHub discussions or on this mail thread: