Why is the Page ID not sequential?

瀏覽次數:10 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Martin Min

未讀,
2016年3月28日 凌晨1:10:232016/3/28
收件者:jwpl-users
Hi, I have followed this tutorial to created the database and populated the tables.  I am wondering why the page id is not sequential. The following are the first 20 page ids from the database:

MariaDB [Wikipedia]> select Page.id,Page.pageId from Page limit 0,20;
+-----+--------+
| id  | pageId |
+-----+--------+
|  12 |     12 |
|  25 |     25 |
|  39 |     39 |
| 290 |    290 |
| 303 |    303 |
| 305 |    305 |
| 307 |    307 |
| 308 |    308 |
| 309 |    309 |
| 316 |    316 |
| 324 |    324 |
| 330 |    330 |
| 332 |    332 |
| 334 |    334 |
| 336 |    336 |
| 339 |    339 |
| 340 |    340 |
| 344 |    344 |
| 358 |    358 |
| 359 |    359 |
+-----+--------+

Also, is the "id" field redundant here?

Alberto Barron Cedeno

未讀,
2016年3月28日 凌晨3:51:442016/3/28
收件者:jw...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

as far as I know, the ids are the unique identifiers from the Wikipedia edition itself. If article associated to id 13 was removed or is not accessible for some reason, you will not have it.

Best regards,
Alberto

Martin Min

未讀,
2016年3月28日 上午11:18:112016/3/28
收件者:jwpl-users
Thank you, Alberto. Just want to get a confirmation on this.

Martin
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄