Fwd: JVM Language Summit (Europe)?

Charles Oliver Nutter

Oct 4, 2013, 8:39:56 PM10/4/13
to JVM Languages
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Martijn Verburg" <martijn...@gmail.com>
Date: Oct 2, 2013 7:38 AM
Subject: JVM Language Summit (Europe)?
To: "Da Vinci Machine Project" <mlvm...@openjdk.java.net>

Hi all,

Hope this is the right mailing list to post on, apologies for the slight OT post.

A few people asked whether the LJC could/would host a JVM language summit in Europe which would hopefully cover the EMEA based folks that can't make the existing summit.

I'd like to get an idea of whether there's appetite for this and if so when it should be run:

* At the same time and have some video-conferencing sessions? OR
* At a time almost 'opposite' to the existing summit so that there's a summit roughly every 6-months.

Ping me directly with your thoughts (unless this is the right mailing list - in that case reply back here).

Cheers,
Martijn