Roadmap

Julien Viet

Nov 14, 2013, 3:04:05 AM11/14/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am currently updating the roadmap to get something until 1.0.

Among the various items, some are missing features and some are consolidation/improvement to the existing features.

I described the planned features : https://github.com/juzu/juzu/blob/master/roadmap.asciidoc

The first block is Juzu next version is 0.8 that should consolidate / improve existing Juzu features.

The second block is labelled Juzu 1.0 but will likely be divided in Juzu 0.9 and 1.0.

comments are welcome.

Julien

Arnaud Héritier

Nov 14, 2013, 5:20:56 AM11/14/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if it is feasible for the 1.0 (cost vs deadline vs ..) but I would dream to have a native JSON integration and maybe something about security.
For now I'm using spring-mvn(integrating Jackson) + spring security, it's working fine but it really beside the Juzu app itself.
I really would like one day to be able to do with Juzu Controllers what I'm doing with Spring controllers for JSON or previously in Play 1 controllers

Cheers

Julien

-----
Arnaud Héritier
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Julien Viet

Nov 14, 2013, 5:43:41 AM11/14/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com
I agree for JSON.

I will add it to the list.

For security did you look at Apache Shiro ?

Arnaud Héritier

Nov 14, 2013, 5:45:42 AM11/14/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Julien Viet <jul...@julienviet.com> wrote:
I agree for JSON.

I will add it to the list.

For security did you look at Apache Shiro ?

No, I used some JSR 250 annotations in controllers + the classical spring security configuration

Julien Viet

Nov 14, 2013, 7:21:47 AM11/14/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com
I think it would be straightforward to make an authorization plugin that uses the annotations @RolesAllowed, @PermitAll, @DenyAll to provide basic security.

would it fill your needs ?

Arnaud Héritier

Nov 14, 2013, 8:28:07 AM11/14/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com
yes perfectly
Like others I thinks my needs are "simple" :
* Setup the authorization to access to some resources based on user roles (with a pluggable authentication and roles access)
* This can be a plain authorization (Yes/No to access) or I can use user's roles to manage data in the controller (and bellow), for example the access is public but a list of displayed will be filtered depending of roles.

Julien Viet

Nov 14, 2013, 9:10:21 AM11/14/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com
in this simple implementation security would be handled by the web container and delegates role checking to ServletRequest.isUserInRole .

so the work on Juzu side would be quite simple.

Julien Viet

Nov 14, 2013, 9:14:36 AM11/14/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com

Arnaud Héritier